I am interested in this Drott 3330B. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-heavy-equipment-machinery/portage-la-prairie/propane-crane/1380540179 . It runs on propane?????? Any one has one that uses propane???
I personally have never used one, but a lot of the carry decks run propane for inside use.
Not a crane but I have lots of experience with propane engines in general. On something that age, usually they will be an easily recognizable American car or truck engine such as a Ford 2.3 or Ford 240. Occasionally something like a Continental or White/Hercules. Anyway it will be a simple gas engine with a propane carburetor or mixer in place of the gasoline one. Some hoses and a lockoff and a vaporizer/regulator. Mostly all very trouble free. Also engines run on propane seem to last better than liquid fuel because it runs so clean and no cylinder wall washing/dilution.
Shuttlelift purchased the carry deck line from Drott. I would doubt that they would be much help on parts. The Drott's kind of fall in line with the P&H, Bucyrus-Erie, and pettibone, in that you are on your own. No factory support. But they are pretty simple rigs, so I'm not sure you would need factory for anything on it, it would be general seals and such for the cylinders. Drott purchased the engines and transmissions and axles separate, so you would look to other shops for parts for those pieces. Propane is kind of handy for the inside work like Thewelder pointed out. It will be a little less power than running on gas, but much better about the fuel staying good. I have one forklift that's propane, and another one that's gas that I'm going to convert to propane, just because it's easier for me.
Thanks guys for the info....when I go to look at it what should I pay attention to most??