Dear all I am posting this as I need help urgently, I have a National Crane 571E back mounted on an International 7501, I have recently change the hydraulic pump and PTO, as well as change the seals on the directional valves control that was leaking, unfortunately I do not know why my front right outrigger is only extending I move the control and only extends but does not retract , I really do not know what could be the problem, as I have change the oil filter and oil recently as well. All the other outriggers are working properly. On the other side it takes at least 3 or 4 times until the PTO engages and sometimes stops the truck engine, I do not know if this is related to the problem Can anyone help me if they have had the same situation or knows what the problem could be, I will really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance P. Soriano
Are you saying the other side outrigger doesn't work right either? Your PTO is either in or out, always pumping, so this statement is kind of confusing. Are these electrical controls, or are they joystick/lever controls that hook directly to the valves? A- frame outriggers or out and down? IF you just changed the oil, you may still have air in the lines that go to the retract and you will have to run it a little. Its possible you have a holding valve issue, but it sounds like both sides are acting up? I doubt both would get stuck at the same time. Anyways, I'd go with the most likely culprit and say that you got a o- ring or quad ring dislodged on your directional shaft when you had it apart.
OK, let me put it again there are two questions on my problem. First, only the front right outrigger is not working retracting only extending , the rest of the outriggers are extending and working properly. Second, it takes 3 o 4 times to move PTO switch until in engages and pump starts working, then went try to work it turns off the engine of the my international 7501 truck. I do not know what to do anymore as the PTO and Pump are new. Cheers P. Soriano
The two back outriggers are frame extendable and the two front are out and down and my control valves are joystick/lever controls that hook directly to the valves. Please see attached pictures
It sounds to me like you are deadheading your hydraulic pump and it is killing the engine. You have either gotten something crosswise when you replaced parts or your pressure relief valve isn't working. You have to get the hydraulic relief circuit fixed first or the new pump will be broken in short order.
okay, its possible that you have installed your new pto without enough clearance on the transmission. If its set up too tight, it won't want to engage, and then it will have so much pressure on the bearings it may not want to turn. What's the transmission, and did you install any spacer/gaskets when you installed the new pto? Or check for clearance? On the outriggers, I'm not familiar enough on how those work on the front. On the larger ones, the beam circuit is separate from the jack, and for some reason I'm thinking on the small nationals you just hit one lever and first the beam goes out, and then the jack goes down, from you only pushing the extend lever? If they are separate, that's going to be different than if its the same and one function just happens and then the other.
Also- are you clutching when you engage and disengage your PTO, the pto isn't snycronized on most of these, and if you've just flipped the lever without clutching, you may have the gears all chewed up also.