Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Proper timing a DEUTZ 2011

Outasite · 2025-12-21 19:52

I bought a Gehl 4840e That had a blown head gasket.It had been sitting at least three years.got it started but was a runaway.Pulled the head,#3 cyl gasket blown.Ground the valves,replaced stem seals,and replaced the two notch gasket with a two notch.After repair,would not start.A light dose of carb cleaner and away it went (runaway again) So pulled the cut off solenoid so I could reach the fuel rod,it would not move.I noticed it had two pumps that had been replaced before I got it.I assumed they had bent the fuel rod,so I pulled the whole front,and all four pumps.What I found is one of the old pumps was missing the plug on top where the lnstallation pin goes.Water had sat in there and the pump was rusted solid.These are the Deutz 04287049 class C So I ordered two new ones.Now for the installation. I have the factory manual but it’s somewhat confusing.All four of my pumps measure within one tenth MM at 52.1 to 52.2MM The lifter sitting on the base circle of the cam all measure within 0.005” at a depth of 51.2MM So in my mind I need a 1MM shim.But the manual mentions a added consideration called “ pre combustion stroke” can someone tell me is this to be figured into the shim equation? Or does the 1MM sound correct.

Replies0

No replies yet.