My u48 has about 18 hours on it. I drive on gravel a lot, this machine gets rocks in the tracks bad. My previous 040 didnt as bad. Plus it vibrates the cab pretty good when full steam ahead. I checked the tracks per the manual. It shows the measurement on 2 different rollers. They are not the same distance because of the track sag. So pumped up and put the roller closest to drive gear a little under half and the other a little under 3/4. Was about an inch. Here is the picture in manual. Check my math please… and i did put the seam in top middle. Took about 5-7 pumps on each track.
Zeroo: Interesting. I just checked my manual (U55-4) for track adjustment and it says move the 8 or "infinity mark" between the sprocket and idler (see verbiage in U55-4 TrackAdj.1 last sentence, second to last paragraph on page). I think on the side of the cab it says move the infinity mark to the middle of track or above middle idler and check adjustment on middle lower idler. I'll recheck all of that when home (traveling now). See attached video and pics. Best, A
Here’s a pic of seam mark. Its not in middle of track like pic shows, its on outer edge. Ive seen lots of videos for track tightening and never once heard of putting seam on top. Not sure how much difference it makes. The only thing that throws me is the manual shows the measurement from 2 rollers instead of one. Because of track sag they will not be the same.
Here is the page from my kx040. It states the seam needs to be at top too. Also checked my svl75 manual and it does not mention a seam.
I checked my 057-5 track adjustment at 25 hours and it took about 7 pumps of grease to get to proper track adjustment. No problem with tracks staying on so far. Only had to tighten them up slightly in 300+ hours. Those huge lugs do ride rough in high range compared to other rubber tracked machines that I've used.
My kx040 was not as rough in high gear and wouldn’t get clogged up in gravel. This thing is rough in high. Same tracks as yours. I wonder if that extra 7 hp of your helps with the bigger tracks. I’m sure it does.