Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

propleyne glycol

slowstep ยท 2013-03-07 14:09

in a bind low on antifreeze ,and am 120 miles from dealer anything that will work in place of the special antifreeze design for bobcat. thanks

Replies8
  1. #1mikebramel2013-03-07 16:03

    Zerex G05 is all that I would use

  2. #2slowstep2013-03-07 16:14

    mikebramel do appreciate the help thanks for fast response

  3. #3Bobcatdan2013-03-07 19:41

    PG is only used because it is enveriomently safe. You can drain the the system and put green if you want.

  4. #4Jeepwalker2013-03-07 19:58

    Industry uses P/G all the time for chilled water applications and some hot water applications. It's food-safe. BC probably uses it do dogs and cat's won't die from their antifreeze and being green. Where not required by FDA, E/G is often used in industry.

  5. #5willie592013-03-07 20:20

    Sierra Antifreeze/Coolant is a P/G based antifreeze, should be able to find it at auto parts stores. But I agree with Bobcatdan, if you don't have environmental concerns, drain the Bobcat P/G coolant and refill with the common green stuff.

  6. #6slowstep2013-03-08 04:18

    Thanks for the info Bobcatdan, Jeepwalker, and Willie59, I think I will drain and GO GREEN---(No pun intended) just the color I am familiar with. HEF ROCKS , thanks to its members.

  7. #7NCPIPELINE2013-03-08 06:02

    One rainy day when I had all the equipment in the yard, went around drained everything and went to CAT ELC

  8. #8slowstep2013-03-10 11:42

    update drained and flushed out p/g and added e/g (mean green)