Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PSI/Mauldin M413XT

smoother ยท 2021-06-26 10:14

So, as a service to fellow owners, or prospective owners/operators of these maintainers, I think starting a new thread here dedicated to these machines would be of great help when seeking info about them. As RenoHuskerDu pointed out, these machines are as rare as hen's lips and useful info is even harder yet to find, especially machines pre-2008. That is when Mauldin/Caulder Bros purchased this line from PSI and then revamped/re-engineered the hydraulic system driving these graders. They are apparently still making parts for these pre-08 machines, but it seems maybe PSI either had a horseshit records system, or just didn't pass much info on to Caulder Bros, so just because you may have a part number from a parts manual doesn't necessarily mean it will cross-reference. At any rate, these machines are useful, quirky, and full of grease fittings, and seem to sort of be the Jeeps of the equipment world....built with parts from numerous different brands. Hopefully this thread can be a useful source going forward. Feel free to chime in.

Replies4
  1. #1smoother2021-06-26 10:21

    Hey Reno, or Cuttin Edge, or anyone else....has anyone run an attachment on the rear of these machines, other than the ripper? I am wanting to attach a vibratory roller on the back but I am a little leery of the amount of weight...the rollers run around 2000 lbs and with the front end so light to begin with, seems like i might be doing wheelies lifting that roller. I think the hydraulics are enough to run a standard flow attachment, but the weight thing is curious. Thoughts?

  2. #2cuttin edge2021-07-10 16:39

    All we have is the ripper. I did get them to shorten the link and change the angle that the teeth hit the ground, made a huge difference. I have used a pickup broom, don't have the electrics for an angle broom. It worked well. Tried the asphalt miller, but you can't see a thing, and need someone spotting for you. Our old puckett came with a plate tamper, but it was short lived, and sold long ago. The higher ups are looking at a new 415, but it has taken a really big jump in price. Our old puckett is still on the go being used by the 4 wheeler club to grade trails. Saw it on the side of the road the other weekend. They even gave it a paint job.

  3. #3smoother2021-07-17 12:49

    Yeah those new 415s are really pricey and since everything is electronic sounds like they have a fair amount of issues. I have worked some atv trails with my machine and as far as i'm concerned they are the perfect tool for that. I carry a bucket full for traction and haven't found a hill I couldn't climb yet.

  4. #4cuttin edge2021-07-17 14:34

    They have gone up 100,000 since we got the 2012. The 2014 was only another ten grand. I told them they are crazy, just put money in the 2 we have