Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PTO on a Case Backhoe/ Equipment for Farm-Orchard

jberg583 ยท 2013-07-19 08:52

Ok, so this might be the wrong place to post this, but I wanted to get feedback and didn't know where to post. My wife and I just bought 33Acres and plan on putting in a small orchard (start with about 200 trees). I know very little about machines, but am very much a DIY kind of guy. My current machine experience "resume" - Dad has a backhoe - case 580c circa 88 - Worked running Brand new CAT equipment Backhoes/ Skidsteers/ miniX's / Dumptrucks for an earth moving company for a summer I am starting my buildup of equipment. - I just purchased a Case 680e that I will be repairing (see other posts). - I should have a machine that has a PTO... I am thinking somewhere between 30-50hp >sprayer >spliter >brush hog >tiller >other My thoughts currently are that if I can buy an older Case (since I already own the 680e) with PTO instead of the hoe it might be a good move as I will get used to the case and be more proficent at fixing it. I will be picking up another 680e as a parts machine, but if my rebuild goes smoothly I may end up with 2 680's would it make sence to remove the hoe, and covert it to a 3 point hitch or am I just asking for trouble. What would be your suggestions.

Replies1
  1. #1robin yates uk2013-07-19 09:43

    would it not be easier to buy attachments that are hydraulicaly driven as opposed to a PTO system ?