Hi, I live on a private road, the road has a hill and a 90 degree corner. Logic says that you should probably take the corner slow after freezing rain and snow. My neighbour didn't bother to slow down (and had summer tires on) and took a nice trip over the side of the road. I pulled him out with my JCB 212s (2cx in Europe). I did try to just pull him out but I couldn't get any traction and the tires just spun. I don't have tire chains. I couldn't even make it up the hill to the corner until we sanded the road. I ended up having to use the hoe to pull the car up. We had two straps attached to the car, one to the hoe and the other to the machine. I would pull the car until the hoe was all the way in, tighten up the second strap to keep the car from sliding down the hill, then reposition the hoe and pull again. Here's some video:
Nice work, video is a bit out of focus but amazing.
I hope he got you a case of beer for all your hard work.That was awfully nice of you.
Oops
He got me a bottle of brandy... which I don't drink, beer would have been better. I told him it wasn't necessary. Of the all the properties on our road mine is the one that most resembles a wrecking yard, so I don't mind help people out, it keeps the by law officers from showing up. Yes the video was a bit out of focus at one point, sorry about that. Greg.
bet that ride made him pucker up