I posted this question before but now I have the picture I wanted. No, I did not remove an axle from the truck, I just did a hack job of pasting the two pictures together. In my case I want to tow a 40k full trailer with a 32k truck very similar to the looks of this combination. In my view, the full trailer is only steered by truck and has its own brakes, so it should not really be an issue except for lack of power and Jakes, right? The only other truck I have seen along these lines was a mid size service truck pulling a 28' semitrailer on a dolly one time.
I have pulled a log loader and a chipper on a dolly with a 35k single axle tractor. They weighed about 50k each, and were on dollies since that is how they moved them onsite. I was very cautious at first, but found it to be totally uneventful. A farmer customer of mine does this all the time pulling several semi trailers w/ a dolly and a single axle dump truck. I thought this was a very common California rig? Oh, by the way, just to help you out, if you get a bad vibration in that truck, replace the rear tires and rims, they're not very round. Also, thanks very much for the detailed info on the 7.3 glow plugs. Mitch
Yup, looks like a typical Cali dump Hi Birken. Been a long time since I've seen your name on a post anywhere.