I see many six wheelers advertised for 35K GVW.I'm looking at an old Autocar single axle dump with 24" rubber.I was told the bigger trucks like that could be reg'd for 40K.Anybody know about this?Any help would be great,thanks!
If that was mine i would have it at 42000lbs, here in mo.
Sorry, just thought of what ct stood for, guess it would be hard for me to help.
http://www.ct.gov/dot/lib/dot/Documents/dpermits/eh_ndlgi.pdf According to the above link, "Connecticut Bridge Formula". That truck should be able to be licensed at 40,000 max.
GVW and GVWR, have complete different meanings. GVW is the max you can cross the scale at for THAT vehicle. GVWR is the max combined weight of truck and trailer. "R" = registered. See Kgmz's post # 4 for axel weights and max weights for a given length between axels.
Nice TRUCK ! Old but Nice and old ……. split rims ? tubed tires? better take a look at the individual tire ratings X 6 = …that'll be your max is what i'm thinking
GVW = Gross Vehicle Weight= what it weighs GVWR= Gross Vehicle Weight Rating= the max the manufacturer says it can weigh GCW = Gross Combination Weight= what the truck and trailer weigh GCWR= Gross Combination Weight Rating= what the manufacturers say the truck and trailer can weigh
YUP YUP YUPPP !!!! ….. I'll second THAT !!!!