Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pulling out, where to attach

TomWei ยท 2021-12-10 17:25

im pulling this out tomorrow in the other direction. i have a m1089 tow truck but was planning on attaching to the blade. I have that yellow strap in the background and planning on stringing through that block by my feet and truck can back up 10feet from where im standing when taking this pic? exhaust still is clear on other side, removed at muffler its basically in clay soup machine is 303.5 afw 807

Replies8
  1. #1cuttin edge2021-12-10 17:45

    The track is the part that the suction will be holding, so lifting up at the blade or the fastening eyes between the tracks is your best bet. Hooking on any higher is just going to want to tip her over. I'm guessing it's not cold enough for the mud to freeze her in.

  2. #2CM19952021-12-10 19:32

    Sure you want to get that tow truck within 10' of the mini? I would hook the truck's winch to the blade and pull up on the blade all the while pushing the best you can with the bucket. Basically pull up with the winch and push out with the boom if you have enough solid ground for the bucket to push. FWIW I'd get enough wire rope or chain to keep the tow truck on solid ground.

  3. #3TomWei2021-12-11 13:12

    I pulled it up. thanks. anyone have an idea how big the tow loop on the frame? I have a pile of clevis but bigger side and its buried. it runs fine and want to do this all at once thanks dont think local has 10-15 ton clevis

  4. #4crane operator2021-12-11 13:52

    I would think you would get along better trying to do some digging out around the machine, and trying to get some wood / logs/ dunnage shoved under the blade, and use some mats under the bucket and try to get the tracks worked up on something before just pulling on it. Get the blade up and get one end of the tracks up out of the muck on some logs and you will have a much easier time of it. Basically your trying to spread out the ground coverage so you don't end up just sinking further in. I'd be a little concerned that whatever you hook to won't be stout enough to take the pull that your wrecker puts out, and you'll just pop the eye off the undercarriage or blade. It probably doesn't have eyes that would take any bigger than a 10 ton shackle (1"). It may only take a 5 ton (3/4")

  5. #5suladas2021-12-11 17:10

    I would wrap a sling around where the boom mounts to frame and pull from there. The best help the hoe would be trying to get some lift to get it to climb out that will be the biggest fight instead of just dragging it and not coming out. I would hesitate pulling too hard on the blade. I also wouldn't get a wrecker within 10' of that, maybe like 40' or 50'. It will sink a heck of a lot easier then the hoe did.

  6. #6terex herder2021-12-11 20:04

    Looks like it ought to be able to walk itself out to me. I walked a 20 ton out of worse, but I had a crane mat to walk it on after I got it up. Trim some logs up 8-12' long. Put a couple down so the bucket has something to push against. Can you push a couple under the blade so the blade can lift that end of the tracks? Get it lifted up and shove some logs underneath. If you are going to hook to the tie downs, hook to both to share the load.

  7. #7colson042021-12-12 08:46

    Do a search on craigslist or Facebook marketplace for used crane mats. I needed some for a wet area project this past June and was amazed at how many old mats were available for pennies within a 3 hour radius of my location. I had to be choosy and purchase a lighter style of mat because of my equipment limitations, but even then I still had lots of options available. A couple mats would go a long ways in helping to get your machine up and out of the soup.

  8. #8TomWei2021-12-29 15:21

    the mud was on top of clay. ended up where an old stump was and just sank. was able to pull it out from eye. did some damage, just found, moving the tracks around in the mud. ill make another post about that. think it would have walked out easy but i popped a few lines.