Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HE280 Halla 1998

michael.t ยท 2021-12-10 20:15

Does anyone have some information on these machines? I own one and I am looking to get a seal kit for one of the boom cylinders and a new hydraulic cooler, mine is leaking a bit. It has a cummins 8.3l engine, and kawaski pumps, the electronic throttle control has been changed to a manual lever, strong trackhoe, even has plumbing to the end of the stick, I want to install a thumb one day if I can fix the leaks on this first

Replies3
  1. #1Tones2021-12-11 02:34

    IIRC the rams are the same as Hitachi of a similar size. A good seal supplier should have them in stock.

  2. #2uffex2021-12-11 04:29

    Good day I believe Halla is related to the Hyundai maybe some parts compatibility, compare the stroke -rod- and jacket size to a similar Hyundai. The coolers usually come from a common source with Korean built machines. Hope that helps Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3James Sorochan2021-12-11 11:20

    Hi Michael. Whats the history of this unit? How many hours. General condition? Are you planing on doing repairs on it yourself?