Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pulverizer drums

bean ยท 2010-03-21 16:53

I have heard rumour that there is a "soil" drum and an "asphalt" drum for them but I have never seen or noticed any difference on the machines i have seen. However i noticed on a RS-600 there is no curb scratchers? Maby they had been burnt off?

Replies7
  1. #1milling_drum2010-03-21 20:38

    Pulverizer drums are alot different than a typical milling drum, the most obvious differences are in the flighting. Flighting on the pulverizers I have seen have much longer shanks than the holder is welded/bolted too. I'll see if I can fish up some links to pages on the internet here, I've seen a few pictures from time to time.

  2. #2bean2010-03-21 22:12

    here is a rs800

  3. #3bean2010-03-21 22:24

    Keystones big easy drum for reclaimers

  4. #4bean2010-03-21 22:28

    cmi rs 425

  5. #5bean2010-03-21 23:20

    From the RS600 parts manual. There is 2 different cutter assemblies each with a unique part number. Whats the purpose of each? any ideas

  6. #6bean2010-03-21 23:22

    2nd cutter assembly

  7. #7bean2010-03-29 22:12

    Rs800