Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

rumble strips

mooly ยท 2010-03-19 16:02

Here we are rumbling just outside of Ottawa,Ontario on TCH 417 using a wirtgen 600. It was a volunteer job as we are out of Moncton,New Brunswick This link will take you my youtube channel where i have more vids of grinders and pulverizers. http://www.youtube.com/user/mooly77?gl=CA&hl=en#p/u/8/w9nlQ-QCV0I

Replies11
  1. #1tonka2010-03-19 16:10

    "volunteer job" i wouldn't volunteer to run that contraption if ya paid me to:Banghead

  2. #2grandpa2010-03-19 19:35

    Bet that operator jerks all night in his sleep....bah ha ha

  3. #3Turbo218352010-03-19 20:16

    is that an operators job, or a bull riders training kinda thing?

  4. #4willie592010-03-19 20:47

    LoL, I used to operate an old Allis Chalmers HD-6 with stuck track links that didn't bounce that bad. Bounciest thing I believe I've ever seen.

  5. #5CM19952010-03-19 21:01

    When I spend 10 hours on a boat deep sea fishing, I rock back and forth for a few hours after. I couldn't image what that would feel like at the end of the day. Although it would run smoother with a round wheel on the front right...

  6. #6roadtecrumbler2010-03-19 22:16

    That looks like the worst thing ever! Looks more like punishment than anything! Sum engineers were really thinking when they came up with that contraption!

  7. #7Tiny2010-03-20 14:00

    Umm ,NO

  8. #8milling_drum2010-03-20 23:18

    Miller have one in Atlanta too. I rumbled quite a bit with it. Hard to hold straight when that front tire is worn down. Actually, the up and down motion put me to sleep almost...

  9. #9andoman2010-03-21 14:45

    :bouncegri :throwup :bouncegri :throwup :bouncegri :throwup :bouncegri :throwup :bouncegri :throwup

  10. #10bean2010-03-21 17:07

    Ive heard of people at rotomill who have had major health problems from running those damn things.

  11. #11jenstarltd2011-05-04 22:28

    The civilized rumbler