Here is my lastest hurdle. Peterson 4800E debarker. The pump for the upper flail failed and sent the brass and steel down the case drain line. Said debri then colgged the tank filter and forced the filter down in the housing thus allowing the brass and steel to enter the tank where it was sucked into the suction lines for all the pumps (5). The contamination is every where. Complete dismantle of all hyd clys, motors ,pumps and hoses could take weeks and untold thousands of dollars. It has sauer 90L100 flail pumps which I have already rebuilt. The flail motors have been taken apart and found to show no damage. So here is my idea: Completly clean the tank and the two closed loop systems and their case drains, all suctions and pumps. Then install spin on filters prior to tank filter and run machine untill filter inspection no longer shows signs of cotaminates, and spot fix any other issues. Is this wishfull thinking or me and the customer going to have to just bite the bullet and take it all the way down. I am estimating 35K going this route, It is not my money but it still hurts my feelings.
Thats how I do it when the **** hits the fan, clean out tank and pumps, new filters, then run it carefully and being prepared for a valve getting stuck and an unexpected movement. Fix the issues that arises with crap getting stuck in orifices and spools and change filters until clean. Haven't failed me yet....
This is the additional filtration that I added to this debarker to catch any remaining contaminates.
I didn't know filters would work mounted sideways like that.
I believe its a rotation problem as the tree in the background is growing sideways too
Working on this debarker for eight days strait got me a little sideways.
What I have done for contamination before is put some power full magnets in the bottom of the tank to capture any steel that gets trough the filters.