Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pump hoses

EthanW · 2025-05-14 18:12

Hello everyone lost on where the hoses go on this 298C cat skidsteer drive pump didn’t think to take photos of how they went to the drive sprocket from the pump any help would be great pump is a standard flow 2 speed.

Replies8
  1. #1Vetech632025-05-14 18:45

    Supply a machine serial number for our totally awesome Cat Gods.

  2. #2EthanW2025-05-14 18:48

    JMP00772

  3. #3EthanW2025-05-14 18:56

    Also I want to say I have them in the right spot im talking about the 4 big lines on the side of the pump but when I move the joystick forwards and reverse the machine goes side to side but when I go side to side the machine goes forwards and reverse then will lock up throw a yellow signal on the screen so you can shutoff the machine and it will let you move again

  4. #4Vetech632025-05-14 18:58

    You have some hoses crossed. You need @Nige

  5. #5Nige2025-05-14 19:48

    Better than having wires crossed……. I’m assuming you have a 289C not 298C as per your OP.? Where were the large hoses originally removed from, the pump end or the motor end, or both.? Do a test. Push the joystick just slightly forwards from the neutral position, as though you want the machine to move straight ahead in a forward direction. Carefully note which track moves forwards and which one moves backwards. Come back with your answer.

  6. #6EthanW2025-05-14 20:29

    Yes sir it’s a 289c and I just did the test you were talking about the right track moved forward and the left moved in reverse

  7. #7Nige2025-05-14 20:43

    OK, so it is the hose connections for the left drive motor that are reversed. Below is a photo of the left side of the hydrostatic drive pump. You need to swap the two hoses marked 11 & 12.

  8. #8EthanW2025-05-14 22:16

    Man that was the trick I really appreciate it cat sis has nothing like that picture on their website.