Was mowing with our AVS HD 4520 when the machine came to a sudden halt. Turned off machine, now won’t turn back on. Cranks ignition/starter but doesn’t start engine, no smoke or anything comes out. Will not disengage parking brake. Now the hydraulic and fuel both won’t engage when trying to start (don’t show on display as operating). Have tried checking battery to fuel for spark, battery to hydraulics, both seem operational but don’t power on. Have changed out the ignition and reworked it successfully, have checked all fuses, and checked oil but haven’t found any problems. No visible leaks. (Oil, fuel, and hydraulic oil are all fine). Haven’t been able to find the safety switch. Any thoughts or advice are welcome.
Have you checked the fuse panel for any bad fuses, ones that could possible supply power to fuel shut solenoid.
Think you mean ASV?
Yes, I guess I didn’t proof read it as well as I thought.
I did check the fuses and didn’t see any bad ones.
Are you relying on visual inspection of the fuses or are you testing them with a meter? In my 50+ years of fixing sh*t, I've found many that looked good but tested bad.
I'm assuming when you say checking battery to fuel and hydraulics, you mean checking for 12v to those gauges. If your getting 12v to gauges, you might be missing a ground. On the RC 30 versions of these machines, there is a group of ground wires, all tied together, and attached to hydraulic tank mounting bolt. They have a habit of coming loose from vibration, not sure if this machine is the same, but it might be something to look for.