Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pump rebuild kit

John Washington ยท 2018-11-12 18:41

I am looking for a fuel pump rebuild kit for a leaking lift pump for a 1970's John Deere 450 dozer. The John Deere part is RE38578 which they no longer supply. They will sell me a new pump, not rebuildable, without a manual pump lever, probably made in China and without the glass bowl. All at a reasonable price. I really want the hand pump lever and the glass bowl. It is an A/C brand pump and it looks very standard. Anyone know of a good source for the kit? It doesn't look special in any way. Thanks John

Replies4
  1. #1jon damon2018-11-12 21:56

    I don't know about rebuild kits for you pump most glass bowl stuff is few and far between now, but see if you have a maxiforce dealer they offer a lot of replacement fuel pumps, engine rebuild parts etc for the early deere equipment. I know they offer an updated fuel pump.

  2. #2John Washington2018-11-12 22:19

    I just looked at Maxiforce online. They have a lot of stuff, but I could not find the rebuild kit. They do have the replacement pump but it looks like the same pump that John Deere is offering. The one from Deere is only $40. Unbelievably cheap for anything from Deere. But I really want one with a glass bowl and hand primer pump lever.

  3. #3Mike47992018-11-12 22:31

    Green-Parts-Direct.com appears to have it in stock.

  4. #4John Washington2018-11-12 23:53

    It appears that when you search in Green Parts catalog for the re38578 rebuild kit it substitutes the full replacement pump. Which is just like the Deere parts catalog. Its kind of hard to tell. I will give them a call and find out for sure.