Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pump removal

Cb4020 · 2019-03-08 21:20

so I posted a low charge pressure issue with my t200 a few days ago and I’ve traced my problem back to the pump itself. Can anyone tell me if I’m crazy thinking I can get the hydrostat unit out the front instead of pulling the engine out?

Replies9
  1. #1crewchief8882019-03-09 06:02

    it's possible...

  2. #2Cb40202019-03-09 21:31

    Any tricks on getting the drive belt pulley off While inside the machine?

  3. #3crewchief8882019-03-10 07:59

    thats the problem with trying to just remove the pump..... it's more work trying to do what you are doing, instead of pulling the eng and pump together.

  4. #4Cb40202019-03-10 08:26

    Thats what I was afraid of thanks for the tip sir

  5. #5Vetech632019-03-10 11:43

    I did something similar to this a few years ago. I got it done, but my arms looked like I had been roughed up by a crazed bobcat.

  6. #6Cb40202019-03-10 12:49

    I think if I can get the pulley off I will try to leave engine in if not I’ll yank it

  7. #705sprcrw2019-03-11 09:08

    I would highly recommend yanking the engine, I have pulled my engine a couple times for various repairs on my S300 and its really not bad takes 2 to 3 hours to get all the electrical/hydraulic lines unhooked and it comes out really easy. It will be much easier to work on and will save you a lot more work. They are made to pull so its not as bad as it sounds, knowing how easy it is now I wouldn't try to pull the pumps out the front (probably would have tried if I never had pulled the pump/motor assembly).

  8. #8Cb40202019-03-11 16:17

    Thanks for the info I’m still learning the skid steer repair world

  9. #9Cb40202019-03-12 11:50

    Got pump out yesterday. Left the engine in. Took a little rigging with a cherry picker but it worked. Next time I will pull the engine