Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pumping oil out vent

William1936 ยท 2013-03-28 18:53

My skid steer has a 4 cyl. Perkins diesiel. When revved up it pumps oil out the valve breather. Quite a bit. Is this a case of to much oil, or is something bad wrong? It runs good like normal. I had the oil light come on, so added more oil, 2 gt. and oil light went out. Changed oil recently. It took 2 gal. I'm new to this machine.

Replies2
  1. #1Delmer2013-03-28 21:31

    Yikes! What level does the oil show on the dipstick? 2 gallons sounds about right, but I don't know what skid steer or engine it is, was 2 gallons what you read in a manual AND the right level on the dipstick? Does the engine start OK cold? How much is quite a bit? dripping slowly? or just enough to make a mess?

  2. #2William19362013-03-29 08:45

    It is a 104 cu in. engine. around 30 hp. in a ** 516. I don't have a manual. Wished I did. The oil is higher then on the dip stick, but not as high as when I bough it. It starts fine, but have to use either when cold. It pours out a lot when revved up. It comes out in spurts, and around a quart in couple min. It has slowed down now, and not bad, just a little.