Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Purchase advice please on Kubota KX040

rtzapper ยท 2017-10-09 17:30

If anyone can give me some advice of a new old stock KX040 2016 model. It has 30 hours, a 24" bucket, hydraulic 2 way tilt Blade, Hydraulic Thumb, Mechanical Quick attach bucket, Cab with a/c and heat. I was offered a finance price of $52,400 or a cash price of $50,000. Is this a good price that I should buy now or better off to wait til next year? Not sure when new models come out. I am on the fence as I will not use it much in the winter months. Anyone with a KX040 do you like it? Any problems? Thanks for any comments.

Replies4
  1. #1eric122017-10-09 17:36

    that doesn't seem too bad of a price, but id look at a ZERO tail swing not conventional. also look into new ones or other brands that have 0% for 60 or so months.

  2. #2KenMac2017-12-09 15:31

    Not sure of year, but my dealer gave me "off the top of my head" price of $60k for one with hyd. thumb and 6 way blade and cab heat and air.

  3. #3Bill Smith2017-12-12 07:35

    One thing for sure about Kubota . every part motor included is made by Kubota. We have a small Rent All and now have all kubota equipment and no issues . I have had Bob Cat machines that had either Doosan engines or Kubota . We had JD with yanmar engines We had Case with Perkins engines . Who makes what any more . Our first machine was a Kubota 007 a tiny little thing . Sold it ten years ago , it has to be at least 30 years old and still running strong . 3 dealers all with in a 10 to 20 minute drive .

  4. #4rtzapper2017-12-12 08:45

    Thanks everyone, I did get it from Booth equipment in Crawforssville,indiana. I settled for 48000 cash out the door. It had 35 hrs on it.