Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Purchasing a Bobcat 442 Sight Unseen!

Makers Acres · 2024-01-14 13:29

Well, I pulled the trigger and bought a Bobcat 442 sight unseen from an auction. Seems like she has good bones. Do you guys think I got screwed or does she have potential?

Replies15
  1. #1CM19952024-01-14 15:26

    The 442 was a rebranded Schaeff IIRC. Yanmar bought Schaeff so you may be able to source parts through them. Braver than me to buy one at auction sight unseen. What did you pay for it?

  2. #2KSSS2024-01-14 17:04

    Yea to each his own, I wouldn't have bought that particular BC, simply because it was a rebranded machine on a company that no longer exists. I don't think they sold many of those machines. There are only 3 on Machinery Trader priced low to mid 30's. Hopefully you got it cheap and BC still supplies parts. I doubt you will get much help from Yanmar on that machine.

  3. #3CM19952024-01-14 18:30

    Don't know the parts/service situation but Yanmar kept the Schaeff name and co-branded. Home www.schaeff-yanmar.com The little wheel loader looks interesting.

  4. #4Makers Acres2024-01-14 23:34

    That's good info, thank you! I paid 16K for it.

  5. #5Makers Acres2024-01-14 23:35

    Thank you. Yes, I have called bobcat and they still have parts for it.... They are just stupid expensive!

  6. #6KSSS2024-01-14 23:55

    it sounds like you got a good number on it.

  7. #7Vetech632024-01-15 08:45
  8. #8Vetech632024-01-15 08:47
  9. #9Vetech632024-01-15 08:53

    Your wife............if this goes to ****.

  10. #10crane operator2024-01-15 09:45

    You're such a pessimist. It could all turn out fine.

  11. #11Helirich2024-01-15 11:04

    I just bought a E26 Bobcat, also sight unseen. Good luck to both of us.

  12. #12Makers Acres2024-01-16 10:19

    Congratulations!

  13. #13Makers Acres2024-01-16 10:19

    I didn’t expect all the creative responses! Hehe

  14. #14MG842024-01-16 10:51

    Looks like the most pressing issue is the blade constantly dropping, maybe cylinder needs repacked?

  15. #15Makers Acres2024-01-17 01:40

    I found out that it was a feature called “Float” that was turned on! So that was a simple fix!