Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Purus 15w40?

peeples06 ยท 2021-03-10 10:48

We are thinking of changing oil companies and they offer Purus 15w40. Anybody have good or bad thoughts about it?

Replies6
  1. #1Sberry2021-03-12 13:23

    Never heard of it.

  2. #2Jonas3022021-03-12 13:28

    Its a house brand type oil I've used many thousand gallons of it with out complaint YMMV

  3. #3Sberry2021-03-12 13:59

    I think maybe Citgo is a producer for a lot of that???? I bought some from the jobber a while back about 1/2 the cost of Ursa.

  4. #4Sberry2021-03-12 17:17

    Some of the jobbers bucket their own. A local outfit here pumps a bunch of 5 gallon buckets full for sales. I am not sure a;; the brands they stock, they used to be pretty much Texaco but ended up with some Chevron grease and Citgo oil thru them. The URSA is the same Class as the Delo or the T5. Changing some use patterns save a lot of fuel and oil and extended use and got rid of a couple oil burners has made bulk or barrel les atractive and fishing for some sales along the way is about as practical to use smaller packaging. I havnt bought a barrel in 20 yrs.

  5. #5Sberry2021-03-12 17:25

    I was trying to think the last time I change oil in something? I got 1 I have to do but its 4 1/2 qts and got another relic I might change. Its 10. and come to think of it a bulldozer could stand it. I was tempted to do a valve job to it for sport, prolly 50 yrs, runs good, uses some oil. Not pressing enuf to fix.

  6. #6Sberry2021-03-12 17:53

    I got a roll of 1000 oil change stickers I will never use, ha.