It will be worth the 35$ in entertainment. We will see as it was from old V8 running hard with LP fuel. It's got hundreds of hours, I was trying to remember the last change. We thought it was a relic and seen it's best days 15 yrs ago.
I think we added a shield for alternator. These pics a little older, no axle anymore and this time I brought it home for some leaks and mufflers vs field service. Got oil change. The make up oil we added last couple years was the secretary used oil she drops off on a regular basis. We will see if it was abuse from a sample. It kind of got by us, we used to do on regular basis then it was seasonal and then just add for a decade. Stuff is still running. On some level doesnt seem to make any difference in most old engines.
That cooling package is priceless!
Here is installed. Note radiator
That a 413 or 440? With all the nickel in the block, I wouldn't be surprised to see crosshatch in the cylinders yet. That will last a loooooong time.
It is marked on the block. I thank that is on the flat near the distributor base. Probably a 413.
It's a 383. I think it might have come out of a New Yorker or Imperial. Maybe 68 or so. The downside is the ex manifolds. Siamese ports in the middle. 1000 gallon fuel tank on a couple or these.
That's the nice thing about LP conversions. You don't get all the soot and acids suspended in the oil like gasoline does. As long as oil is in it, it usually doesn't suffer any wear on the bearings as long as the oil pump relief stays free. That and Chrysler was known for high nickel blocks for increased strength and longevity. I think they continued up to the end of the magnum pushrod engines.