Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Push to connect??

Falcon1115 · 2025-11-29 13:20

What is this fitting from a cat 938m brake line and how do you change the hose??

Replies6
  1. #1pittsburgh cat man2025-11-29 14:25

    I can't ever remember a fitting like that

  2. #2Coaldust2025-11-29 16:05

    Interesting. I don’t know what that is. Whats the part number on the crimp? I want to look that up.

  3. #3Cmark2025-11-29 16:44

    They are called Snap To Connect. Special tools required.

  4. #4pittsburgh cat man2025-11-29 17:51

    Tools rang a bell I actually have the smallest one If I remember right it was something on a engine. Must have became a thing after I retired

  5. #5Cmark2025-11-29 18:43

    I first came across them maybe 20 years ago on 3126 HEUI. The high pressure line from pump to head had STC fittings. Got replaced by a steel ORFS line in a service mag.

  6. #6Coaldust2025-11-29 19:47

    That’s cool. Thanks Cmark. Apparently, the same as Danfoss/Eaton STC.