Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pushed a little Dirt Friday

catskinner 10 ยท 2018-04-22 11:25

Was able to get the old 1956 Case ATC 600 Dozer loaded up, and cleaned up some dirt around our lake Property. I first ran the TerraTrac crawler in 1962. The old Girl ran just fine. Tom

Replies12
  1. #1mowingman2018-04-22 19:27

    Nice straight looking old dozer. Did you haul it out there behind one of your WDX Powerwagon? This is Jeff, from Texas. Did not know you posted over here until I saw this.

  2. #2td25c2018-04-22 19:40

    Nice work catskinner !

  3. #3catskinner 102018-04-22 20:17

    Thanks! It's not a Cat.,but I'm partial to old Internationals and Case. Pretty decent old crawler Iv'e had for many many years. Tom

  4. #4catskinner 102018-04-22 20:21

    Hi Jeff. How's it going? Been here a while,don't get on much. Ha, No, I did haul it over with the Ram Though. It's just a little thing for me to use around the property and bring back memories. Hope all is well? Tom

  5. #5td25c2018-04-22 20:31

    That's a nice looking Case dozer ! We run Fiat-Allis & International dozers . I read somewhere on the internet that Caterpillar also makes bulldozers .

  6. #6mowingman2018-04-22 22:17

    Doing good down here Tom. That little dozer did not even make your Ram squat.

  7. #7Old Doug2018-04-23 21:35

    Catskinner you have some nice stuff what size tires are on your M38A1? I have a 53 its not as nice as yours i saved it from being a mudder. I wanted a older C J but i couldnt stand seeing it trashed it has 30.000 miles and runs drives great i hope to sell it someday to fix one of my other jeeps.

  8. #8catskinner 102018-04-24 08:12

    I put 7:50x16 NDT's because I found a Great deal on them and couldn't justify the cost difference in 6:00x16 There bigger than the stock 6:00x16 but haven't caused any problems. Thanks for the Comment. Tom

  9. #9Old Doug2018-04-24 20:34

    How fast will it run? I drive mine about 45 but i had it up to 60 one time and one time only it drives great but i dont want to take a chance with the engine.It has 700/16 that i got for my cj2a but didnt like them on it.

  10. #10catskinner 102018-04-27 07:32

    Can't help you there, have not had it on the highway. It's a work in progress. I have had to 55 on short stretches of rural road here, and I can tell The engine is a lot happier than it was with the 6:16 tires it had. TGP

  11. #11motoOzarks2018-10-26 22:23

    nice lake gives a nice place to play

  12. #12pjflyer2019-01-23 00:53

    We have an old Case 310F. Not a heavy hitter, but gets what we need done. Has some descent power for it's size. Good to see another oldie but goodie!