Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Put up a US flag on my Grove crane

ichudov ยท 2016-08-06 19:14

I hope that I have not done anything disrespectful. I Put up a flag on my crane, for various reasons, patriotic and to know which way the wind is blowing. I welded a weight on the bottom for better balance. http://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/US-Flag-on-Crane/ i

Replies8
  1. #1lantraxco2016-08-06 20:28

    I like it. Anybody complains, just shoot 'em, like John Wayne or General Patton would have. :usa

  2. #2old-iron-habit2016-08-06 23:19

    Looks great to me. The company I retired from still donates a crane every year to set for three days at a very large internationally attended marathon flying a huge American flag. If only an American could ever win the marathon over the Ethiopians.

  3. #3movindirt2016-08-07 17:36

    Ritchie Brothers Auctioneers had a good sized flag flying from a crane at the sale back in March at the Chicago sale. We used to have a bucket truck that had about 35' of height to it, we would hang a flag from it on the 4th of July.

  4. #4BobCatBob2016-08-07 23:57

    Looks great! Did the same on the 4th of July.....with a little "illumination"

  5. #5ichudov2016-08-08 20:59

    Turns out that to show proper "respect" for the flag, it must be illuminated at night. Well, by luck, someone invented solar powered LED flag lights. I bought one and installed it on the flag. I added pictures to the URL above. The light sits on a 1/2" bolt and can be replaced if it goes bad. http://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/US-Flag-on-Crane/ Pictures show some metal and welding and a picture of an attractive female weldor.

  6. #6mitch5042016-08-08 22:45

    Hey man, that's deceptive advertising. You should have said: a picture of a picture of an attractive female weldor. Otherwise, nice work, and a worthwhile project.

  7. #7ichudov2016-08-08 22:51

    But this is what I said, "pictures show a picture of an attractive female weldor"

  8. #8mitch5042016-08-08 23:01

    Yeah, so you did. I guess I just let my imagination lead me down a primrose path, then. :beatsme :usa