On the way back from the marina, I bugged Pa about going to New Haven to see how work was coming along on the new Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge, which I will refer to as the Q Bridge. The gate on the west side was open, oddly enough, so we could drive right up to the equipment (all CRANES). I didn't want to get out in case someone came out of the trailer to bug us about trespassing. The project was delayed a few years back since nobody bid on it, but after some reworking, the first extradosed bridge in the country is finally getting off the ground. Cianbro/Middlesex, working as a JV, got the foundation and abutment work, while the Walsh Construction/Poole Construction JV will build the actual bridge. Hopefully, I will be able to get down there every few weeks to see how work is progressing. But without further adue, here are today's pics. -The view coming in from the east side, with the Tomlinson Bridge on the left and the Q on the right. -Middlesex's 4100W and Cianbro's 3900 or 4100 getting put together. -Railto, Inc.'s Bauer drill, used for soil mixing I believe. http://www.raitoinc.com/index.aspx -Massive Manitowoc, no idea of the model number. All I can tell is that it's not a ringer and still rides on two crawlers. It's owned by a leasing company. -Boom sections, guessing for the Cianbro 3900/4100
-Smedley Crane & Rigging's Link-Belt. -More cranes, west side...:tong -Cianbro's 4100 and Kobelco excavator. -More Cianbro equipment, a 3900 and an unknown model Manitowoc pile driver. In the background is some of the earthwork for the new bridge, unfinished since DeFelice went belly-up a few years back. -Closeup.
i am honored to have a bridge named after me