Anybody seen any new Quad videos lately? X Quad Operator
At the Santa Margarita show next April there is supposed to be one push loading a Cat 660 scraper among others. Also may be a Double side by side D8. There is a post on the ACMOC site about the show.
old-iron-habit Good morning, old-iron-habit, When and where is that show at? What was your expertise in the wonderful world of old iron. I enjoyed my 45 years in the seats of equipment. I think my most memorable moment was being pushed for a couple of months by 5 D9Gs, I was running a 666 that had been stretched 22 inches, and had 4' sideboards on the scraper. The majority of my career was finish cats and slopeboards. Got any neat old pictures you love to share, I've got a lot. Mike Nebergall X Quad Operator
My handle pretty much explains it. Ran a Letourneo LS behind a 2U as a 15 year old kid. Grew up in a logging family and still have it in my blood. I still hobby log in my spare time cutting a few hundred cords of pulp wood a year with the old stuff. The wife and I put on a play day every year at our home and introduce folks to the equipment, letting them take a turn on them, pairing them up with experienced folks. You can see some of the toys from last years event if you Google oldironfinal on UTube. Just retired after 44 years and 7 months in construction a couple weeks ago. Started out as a pile driver and ended up running hospital projects all over the country for the last 31 years. Here's a few pictures of some of the toys. I got the DW-21 for a retirement present. Santa Margarita is a antique Ag, construction, airplane, and military show all at once. I think it is the May 22 thru the 24th of May, memorial day weekend, this year. There is a show website if you do a search. Santa Margarita is in Central California, short trip for you. ACMOC (Antique Caterpillar Machine Owners Club) will have a big presence there. We are going out a couple weeks early and help friends haul equipment to the show. Hope to meet you there. They have not had a show every year so don't miss out.