Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Quadco

Landclearer · 2013-12-01 18:20

I was wondering if anyone had used Quadco teeth on Fecon mulchers or Morbark grinders. I am especially interested in the Woodchuck teeth for the Morbark grinders. We tried Morbarks version if the chipper tooth but were unhappy with it. Thanks, Chris

Replies14
  1. #1CRAFT2013-12-01 22:50

    Quadco Feller buncher bits (teeth) work awesome for a mulcher …… I was a Guinea Pig for them when they introduced their own 54" drum style mulcher, I was swinging it on my Cat 320CLU w/hi-flow hydraulics ….. It was amazing !!! …. until you touched/hit a frigg'n ROCK !!! ….. the bits literally exploded and then there was not just the cost of replacing the bit, but also the cost of the special bolt c/w hard washer …. BUT when in the right environment it worked great with the ability to rotate the bit 4 times (hence the origin name of Quadco) …. this style of teeth are not new to the mulcher industry, there are other manufacturers out there using their bits too …. cheers

  2. #2Landclearer2013-12-02 05:41

    Hi Craft, Thanks for the input. I do know about the 4 sided teeth, we had them in our feller buncher. I hit a piece of rebar with them and that was the end of that set. The ones on our Fecon are pretty tolerant of rock and steel. According to their site, they make some different mulcher as well as grinder teeth now. Thanks, Chris

  3. #3axeman732013-12-06 16:03

    What are you grinding Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

  4. #4axeman732013-12-06 16:06

    I've used conical/bullet shaped bits like for asphalt grinder on an excavator bush shredder Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

  5. #5Landclearer2013-12-06 17:08

    Axeman, we are looking at grinding pine and hardwood cut with a buncher and skidded to the grinder. We would like to make fuel chips with it. On the Fecon mulcher I was just wondering because then Quadco use the same holders again and you just replace the tips. Thanks, Chris

  6. #6axeman732013-12-06 17:23

    Ahh i see yeah fuel wood chips most customers want a clean consistant product mud dirt and rock always reek havoc when trying to get constant product Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

  7. #7Landclearer2013-12-06 17:43

    The mills and bio plant around here are getting to a point where they will not take mulch, they want chips. I wish they would build more bio plants here, we have more wood then we can stand.

  8. #8axeman732013-12-09 18:45

    We don't have that in Ohio what exactly are you using to make chips Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

  9. #9Landclearer2013-12-09 21:55

    Everyone is using chippers now. They still take a little mulch but I see that coming to an end soon. A lot of guys are fuel chipping instead of cutting pulp wood.

  10. #10axeman732013-12-10 15:40

    Have you looked at horizontal grinders with chip set up Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

  11. #11axeman732013-12-10 15:43

    Lets face it logging & land clearing are never done in perfect conditions so mud/dirt ect. Is always a problem Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

  12. #12axeman732013-12-10 20:25

    Kennametal makes good grinder teeth but i think its mulch grind Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

  13. #13Landclearer2013-12-10 22:04

    I will look at the kennametal teeth. I would not mind finding something better than what we are using now. I agree, you will never get rid if all the dirt. The mills make you trommel mulch but will take chips right out of the chipper. We have thought about the Morbark quick switch chipper setup. I was hoping to find some teeth that would make a more chip like product without taking out all the hammers and so on to put the chipper skin in.

  14. #14axeman732013-12-11 01:53

    Most of the manufacturers are doing that quick chip we got good results from an old trelan chipper Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk