Hi, I run a grains processing unit. It's been only 3 years since I am active in our family business. I proposed the idea to use a tool to manage the maintenance and servicing of our machines and equipment. I think that by doing so makes the mangement easy and reduce the unwanted expenses. I heard about the equipment management software module for the automated scheduling of the tool and equipment maintenance. I would like to get some suggestions about availing such software solutions for qaulity management. Has anyone tried it for managing and tracking the machines maintenance and servicing? Thank you.
Hi groundhog, Did you find a tool to meet your needs? I have been building a web app to track preventative maintenance over the past year and just recently got it up - at logaid.com . It allows you to create flexible service plans that can be tailored to many needs. Scheduled maintenance items can be based on time intervals, hour intervals, or odometer intervals. It also has asset and people time tracking built in, which makes it possible to accurately keep up with hourly maintenance on equipment without working hour meters. If you haven't found something, could you let me know what all you are trying to track? I'm just getting started with it, so if necessary, I may be able to make changes to better fit your needs. Thanks, Neal