I replace a fair amount of rubber fuel lines that just rot and crack away. Others seem to last nearly forever. Do any of you have a favorite brand/supplier that stands the test of time?
It's a little stiff, but I use Weatherhead H-101 series hose. I use it for air and oil lines also.
I generally go to a quality local auto parts store, there are several grades, for gas, I generally just ask for the best. For diesel, I go to a quality import auto parts store. I try to stay away from retard auto, o'reilleys, etc...
That's what I use, you can pick up any good brand push lock hose from pretty much any hydraulic hose shop, and most are compatible with air, fuel, oil, and antifreeze. I typically keep about 10 to 15 feet of 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, and 1/2" push lock on my service truck, and it's a way better hose than typical auto parts store hose.
If you go with the H-101 hose, splurge for the fitting insertion tool made by Weatherhead, it is worth the money.
A quick google search for the fitting insertion tool does not yield much useful. Got a link? Maybe the name is slightly different?
Parker 7212 hose or equivalent and this tool: http://www.jmesales.com/product/dix...099,7997.htm?gclid=CKqNnIj96s8CFZGGaQodg2YBTA
The blue Parker Pushlok hose is pretty incredible. I just want to buy a whole spool of the stuff. Comes in alot of sizes.
Always loved that blue cover, made a nice change from basic black on everything
YUP.. that it.. PARKER.. I've been racking my brain since this thread started.. Its pricey tho.. BUT for the common rail systems with long runs from the tank to the rail system, its a must.. I cant count how many times I traced a sucked down hose on a Deere or Volvo w/ "black" hose issues.. Its only on LARGE tow behind, stand alone, gen sets tho.. nothing else..
The tool is a T-101-A, it's good for up to 3/8", 1/2" is really too large to work. The T-201 will do bigger hose I believe. I also liked the H 100 series hose because it had the braided cover on it, seemed to take abrasion better. The T-101-A is a small hand tool that's easy to store in a tool box, I keep one in the service truck.
I would agree that Parker is good and suitable for you in this case.