Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Question about Cat bolts?

Fat Dan · 2020-04-05 14:56

I have been cleaning, chasing and painting bolts, nuts and washers for awhile now; I was wondering how much of the 21,480lbs of my 1957, Caterpillar 955C weight is actually bolts, nuts and washers because there is a ton of them, sorry excuse the pun.

Replies9
  1. #1Welder Dave2020-04-05 15:00

    I think you answered your own question.

  2. #2Bls repair2020-04-05 17:50

    Cat nuts aren’t very heavy

  3. #3Vetech632020-04-05 18:01

    My cat don’t have nuts.

  4. #4Fat Dan2020-04-05 18:16

    Aww, that answers the question of why it screams like that "Oops, was that in my out loud voice?"

  5. #5kshansen2020-04-05 18:38

    Well if you can give me a complete list of the part numbers and quantities I could run it through SIS and get you an exact shipping weight for a new set of Cat nuts and bolts!

  6. #6Welder Dave2020-04-05 19:05

    Your cat may or may not have nuts but you get it anywhere close to water and it will bolt and you may end up with a lot of scars and scratching.

  7. #7kshansen2020-04-06 11:21

    After to doing some indepth research I have found that the Cat bolts tend to average 16 oz to the pound!

  8. #8Bls repair2020-04-06 11:51

    Is that for fine or coarse thread?

  9. #9dozr2020-04-06 12:28

    yall have way to much time on your hands get out by your self and f--- something up. have a good day