I currently work for wagner equipment in colorado as a mechanic, the question i have is that im moving down to waco texas in the next year and was wondering what a heavy equipment mechanic would make at holt cat with four years of experience and also give me your thoughts on the company. The reason for leaving my current company and moving to waco texas is that i have family down there and i only make 19.00 dollars an hour and the cost of living is sky high. Thank you for your time
Welcome to the Forums Yellow Cat!:drinkup I have no idea the pay rate for Holt in Texas but $19 per hour would go a long way in Alabama as our cost of living is cheap.
We do have couple members here that work for holt so stick around. Not sure what they pay but 19 an hour sounds like it's in the ballpark for someone with your experience.
I do work at Holt. I would say your experience level may put you in the same pay grade if not higher. Waco's cost of living should be fair. State wise we have no income tax so that is a bonus. I would get on the web site and get ahold of our recruiters and tell them your plans. www.holtcat.com
I think it is a great company. August will be 16 years for me so, I'm a lifer. Good benefits. Good vacation days. Just got my fourth week after my 15. I am able to take care of my family, buy all my shiny tools and still have a little left over. I don't have to kill my self to make a living. I have had the time to coach my sons last 8 seasons of baseball. I never miss a football or basket ball game. We have our own training center in San Antonio and Irving. I can keep going but ,I think you get my point.
Thank you all very much for replying back, it sounds like Holt Cat is a great place to work. Can you tell me specifics on how the raises work for instance where I work we get 3 percent raises every year. It takes about 15 years to get to 30 bucks an hour.
Hey there, what area/dept do you work in? Im pretty impressed with the engine overhaul program Holt has and Im considering future career options. I run my own business doing the same but man it can be tough sometimes and California is expensive...
Are you in the shop or in the field? Jw