Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Question for John Deere 410D owners or former owners

Peter_H ยท 2017-09-02 09:20

I have an external oil leak on my JD 410 D backhoe. It looks like either the gasket, or the o-ring behind the oil cooler is leaking. I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this same leak on their machines. I am going to get the bolt specs for it like Delmer suggested and try tightening it up. If that does not stop the leak, then I will order a new gasket and o-ring and try that. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this same leak and what the cause of the leak ended up being. Appreciate any input. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Delmer2017-09-02 09:30

    You could try rephrasing the question to the engine model, or even a JD oil cooler leak? There aren't that many 410D's but lots of Deere engines with the same oil cooler.

  2. #2Peter_H2017-09-02 16:26

    Thanks Delmer, I will try that.