I picked up a set of Loegering VTS's for my Komatsu SK820-5 as I need to go back and forth from tires to tracks as seasons/conditions dictate. They were super reasonable due to track condition but they do have some hours on them. The PO said it is the second set of sneakers on them and he did replace some of the rollers/idlers and 1 hub as needed. So my question is has anyone taken apart the "sealed":cool2 hubs and done a bearing replacement? We have a place here in Buffalo that can get any bearing and seal thanks to the longevity of the guys working there and their extensive cross-reference. Reason being is I figure I may want to open things up due to the hours on the units and the pricing I see on the replacement parts. Doing the work myself is no problem. Thoughts appreciated.
Yes I have replace the bearings, races and seal in a VTS hub. When I had a hub fail I contacted Loegering, emailed pics and their response was the hubs are not designed to be serviced. My local bearing shop found the parts I needed.
I have four sets for my bobcats and just recently went thru all four hubs on my vts 60's these are the the ones with 6 bolts on the outer covers. the bearings and races are standard industrial bearings, the seals were a little tougher but found them through orielly's for the best price, if you need some numbers p.m. me on Monday and i can send you info. the nuts and lock washers are out of industrial bearing houses and replaced those also. my rear hubs were all filled with water and rust. runs so smooth now. good luck Tony
Thanks I may take you up on those numbers. I will be on it Monday to check it out.
Help with part numbers Hi, this is vhbars, I am new to forum but am replacing bearings and seals in VTS. found bearings at oriellys but having trouble with the seal. they say the number on the seal is no good. do you have part numbers. your help is appreciated. not sure how this messaging works, but will assume your able to email me? thanks!
I am replacing my VTS 59 hub bearings can you send me a part number. I believe it is a Timken 3984 bearing but am not 100 percent positive. Also if you can get me a seal part number etc it would be greatly appreciated.
Ejb17 or 61Tony Would it be possible to get these part numbers I'm in buffalo also and would like to have them on hand when I need them thanks!
I just bought vts tracks front hub needs bearings found the bearings need help finding seal.
Can you tell us the model and serial # off the tags and I may be able to get you the terex/VTS part # for the seal.
not sure I know it's a 59 link track and the bearing is 3984
My bearings finally went in my vts 60 I'm going to buffalo bearing to see if they have everything I need, did you go thru this yet?
I went to Acme Bearing on Niagara and had some luck but the bearings are kind of odd balls and were pretty expensive. It can be done but when I got done with the rollers I had to fix it would have almost been better to buy complete rollers. Your time is worth something and I still have a older roller with new insides. Just my opinion.
It's the front hub not the rollers I opened it up and there's no grease and no grease fitting on the housing seems like they want it to go bad idk
Hi guys. ..sorry about the response time for some reason I didn't get any notification about the thread. Mine use the industry standard a13 bearings and nut on the sprocket hub. The seal number was fairly easy to find by dimensions but I don't have the number handy. I haven't done a front yet but have several to rebuild. The flare the stub axle to retain the bearings. I was going to heat the shaft to soften and press out. Hope this helps!
Looking for parts to repair 601475 Idler. I have a few pics but need to get them uploaded. Anyone know where i can get the parts to rebuild these idlers? I have 2 that need to be done. I am using my tracks on a Bobcat S250 have had them for 4years. I have a few youtube videos out there if you want to see them in action. cmklar or cmklar1 cant remember for sure. thanks Chad
Anyone have the seal number for a 60 link vts track rear drive hub? This has the 6 cap screws in the dust cover.