Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 287

deereequipment ยท 2013-11-12 20:01

Hi all. I am 2nd owner to this machine, and have had it for about 6 years. I have never been able to get the heat to work. We've totally blown out the heater hoses. I've replaced the thermostat. and YES, I've opened the valve inline with the coolant. Any thoughts? Do I need to run cardboard in it to build up heat? I have used a temp gun on the radiator hoses, and it seems to be close to the 175degree mark. Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1caterpillarmech2013-11-13 05:37

    By blew out, do you mean from the head back to the return side? Should be a valve in the box as well.

  2. #2deereequipment2013-11-13 07:23

    Yes, the entire length of both hoses. What do you mean by "box"? WHere is that valve? Thanks

  3. #3Nige2013-11-13 08:43

    Temperature of 175 should be about normal for operation. Item 17 on the attached illustration is a valve attached to one of the ports on the heater matrix in the cab. It connects to the port where Item 12 (O-Ring) is shown.

  4. #4deereequipment2013-11-13 08:48