Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Question for Union Journeymen

pipiligrama ยท 2016-10-03 20:54

Have any of you have moved and transferred to the Local at the State you moved to? What process did you go through? I know the best way of knowing this is by asking the BA at my Hall but what I want is some info BEFORE I go and ask about it. I'm not planning on moving tomorrow, but I like having a plan when I decide to do it Any help will be appreciated :notworthy

Replies3
  1. #1old-iron-habit2016-10-04 00:01

    What trade Union are you in. Operators, Labors, Iron workers, Electricians, Carpenters, Boilermakers, Linemen, Pile Drivers, Pipeliners, and a few dozen or so more. Many have different juristiction rules but with most its a matter of being in good standing and transferring your book. The local you are moving out of typically has no say, you need to meet the hiring rules of the local you move into.

  2. #2pipiligrama2016-10-04 12:48

    Sorry, forgot to mention that! I'm with Operating Engineers

  3. #3old-iron-habit2016-10-04 20:11

    Give a call to the local you want to transfer to and ask them about the process to transfer in and if there is any working rules that could adversely affect you as new to that local. I am betting there will not be any.