Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Question on a Komatsu D20A

Vetech63 ยท 2017-01-30 20:07

S#66628 On the steering valve there is 2 hose connections. Is one a pressure and the other a return? The reason I'm asking is I have no oil flow at the right hose ( as sitting in the seat) from the hose or the valve. I'm having a steering clutch release problem on the right side, but I have 200 psi at both of my test fittings on the back side of the valve. The screen was clean, and I have no problem with the left side. The steering clutch assembly is brand new, the release piston is free, and the clutch will release when I bar it manually? It's a real stumper at the moment. I need to make sure I don't have a valve issue and I have no schematic for the steer hydraulics.

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2017-01-30 22:04

    Thinking so, looks like one pressure, one return in the parts pictures anyway. The left one shows connected to the relief valve on the main clutch case, the right connects directly to the case. Do you have 200 psi at all times, with either or both clutches activated to release? There are spools and blocks under the plate connecting the control valve to the left and right cylinders, you may have a blown o-ring or there may be a problem in the valve itself.....

  2. #2Vetech632017-01-31 04:37

    I have no to little pressure at either port until the steering spool is pushed in, and both sides are consistent. No leakage externally at the external tubes, nor can find a leak internally from areas I can see. You would think with the consistency between both sides of the valve it should be working. I'm going to see if I can get a flow chart of the steer hydraulics this morning, and maybe a parts breakdown of the steer valve might give me some ideas. Other than that, I'm currently at a loss.