Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Question on hydraulic fluid level

rumblecloud · 2023-05-04 09:49

In the book it says to check the level thru the site glass with all cylinders in the transport position. When I do that , the level is about at the halfway mark: It also says that " the hydraulic oil should be visible in the sight glass.. ." Saying that it should be "visible" doesn't really tell me a lot. When I extended the the loader to change the fan belt yesterday, I looked at the site glass and the fluid was not visible. That doesn't seem right to me. So, should I put everything in the transport position and add fluid to about the 3/4 mark or all the way to the top or is it fine the way it is? Thanks for any advice and apologize for the lame questions. R

Replies3
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2023-05-04 10:12

    Anything half way up in glass or better is fine.

  2. #2Delmer2023-05-04 11:16

    If you can see the level, it's fine. Don't worry what it does when you operate, that's why they say to check in a certain position, and give you a MOSTLY clear cut way to check the level.

  3. #3cosmaar12023-05-07 02:07

    The pickup is on the bottom left of the reservoir. As long as you aren’t being silly and are nose diving the front end you won’t have a problem.