Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

question on Transmission oper. J.D.710D

joeh1966 ยท 2009-11-23 18:28

I have a John Deere 710 backhoe loader.The transmission does not shift after it gets warmed up/hot. I had it looked at by Profesional outfit and they suggested a trans controller-it was replaced & there was no change. We have since also been advised by them to replace some Field Windecy coil (I would call them solenoids if they were in a car). Anyways there is still no change. Any inputs on this problem. Can't go wrong at this point.Thanks in advance!

Replies5
  1. #1cranesfreak2009-11-23 19:51

    Hi joeh1966, Did you already change the transmission oil ? Put the ORIGINAL transmission oil with a new ORIGINAL transmission oil filter. And check it again. Best Rgds

  2. #2joeh19662009-11-24 10:39

    Response! It has new fluid & filter,YES! The unit now is not moving at all. It seems to be getting worse.:usa THANKS!

  3. #3Kgmz2009-11-24 10:53

    What he meant by this, is did you put in the right kind of fluid? Did you use regular hydraulic fluid or did you use Deere Hy-Gard or a fluid that meets the JDM J20C spec. The wrong fluid can cause problems like this.

  4. #4KevD8152009-11-24 11:56

    A buddy of mine had similar problems with his Deere. It turned out to be a combination of a bad solenoid AND the wrong fluid.

  5. #5cranesfreak2009-11-24 12:38

    joeh1966 Kgmz is absolutely right. First, you MUST have the RIGHT transmission oil inside your transmission with the RIGHT oil filter. The oil and the filter that are specified by the factory in your user's manual. Second, don't take it wrong but if with the original oil and filter I am having such a problem in my machine I should ask to the Official After Sales Service to repair that fault. It is the most cost effective choice, in my opinion. BRgds.