Hello, all: I just bought this 2000 JD 310se at an auction and it's a really good machine so far. The thing is, I have never operated one of these things and I don't know how to change gears in it. I'm used to the old mechanical systems and this thing is totally different. It is an automatic, but if anyone could explain to me how to shift gears on it, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance! ~JV
It has to be one of two things , it either has a floor shifter with the standard H pattern or it has a power shift trans. If its the floor shift you either disengage the clutch or put the shuttle shifter in neutral position then change gears. If its a power shift which is on the shuttle shifter you just rotate to the speed you want , only have to be stopped or at low idle to change directions. I'm guessing its a power shift.
Thank you for your advice, that was all i needed!
I just bought an SE. I believe the shift pattern is H but 2nd and 3rd are back. In other words, 1st is left and forward 2nd is left and back 3rd is right and back 4th is right and forward.
Should be 1 3 H 2 4 Now if your synchronizers are worn out, it might shift easier into 3rd than 2nd.