Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Questions about a Hitachi EX-58mu

Sniffy ยท 2024-05-16 22:59

Just bough a dead EX-58mu Previous owner broke the main valve bank. All 8 of the little spool valve spring tower caps on the side sheared off, so I'll be buying parts in the future. Local Hitachi dealer is saying that they are 3-2 months out and a custom made to order part. Since this isn't a common machine, being grey market, I need to find a North American market equivalent. Does anyone know if models like a ex50 or ex60 would share the same parts? Need rear engine body panels too. I doubt that Hitachi would make a 1-off machine with unique parts and not share them in other models.

Replies3
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-05-17 21:25

    Screenshot below from the EX58MU manual. Also ,search your model at AVSpares https://avspare.com/ . When selecting a part#, the system will show if it is used on any other models. .

  2. #2Diesel Dave2024-05-17 22:52

    Any manufacturer tags on the main control valve ?

  3. #3Sniffy2024-05-18 01:12

    Excellent info. I'll be doing a clean up on it and looking for all the tags shortly. Thx