Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Questions about a Mitsubishi BD2f

dmcb ยท 2010-02-16 12:42

Can anyone tell me the part number of the fuel filter? With no other option I tried to clean the old filter and now I can't get fuel to the injectors. The cleaning may have made it worst unless there is a pump I didn't see. Does anyone know where I can get an owners manual? Thanks to all. Doug

Replies24
  1. #1reddog8482010-02-16 15:24

    Mitsubishi fuel filter The Wix # is 33394, Baldwin is BF1110. Call Kent in Hughs Springs, Tx for parts @ 903-639-2765 903-399-8738. Kent is really good with these and can answer any questions as to service and parts. Fred

  2. #2reddog8482010-02-16 15:30

    Mitsubishi fuel filter I forgot to tell you...... did you change the filter at the electric pump??? It's under the left floor board and you take the element out of the end of it. It is a small one and I don't know the # for it but Kent will. Also there is a manual pump lever (knob) just under the main filter at the front of the engine to prime the pump with. Fred

  3. #3JimInOz2010-02-16 15:38

    Hi Doug, You should be able to source a filter at your filter supplier.Take the old one with you. There is a bleeding operation required after new filter is installed on the S4E engine...see picture. I sell manual copies on PDF or hardcopy.I have Parts & Operator manuals. I also have new track adjuster rods,as these are a common fail item. PM me if required. Jim

  4. #4dmcb2010-02-16 16:04

    Fred, isn't this for the G which is a spin on filter? Mine is an element. Thanks all for the replies. Doug

  5. #5JKS2010-02-16 18:09

    Canister Fuel filter for S4E Mitsubishi Part # 3166201031 Available at Rhine Equipment. I could not find a cross reference for this filter at NAPA or Baldwin. JKS

  6. #6dmcb2010-02-16 19:00

    Thank you. I think I am getting a Donaldson P502113 as a cross. Doug

  7. #7bubbagoat2010-02-16 21:22

    BD2F or BS3F I think the filters I used were a FF5279. I checked with Fleetpride in the Atlanta area, but had to order them from Fleetpride in Portland Oregon. They were about $6.00 and shipping of about $8.00 I talked with a Justin, at 503 252-9300 They cross to a Mitsubishi 3166201031, and are 1.73 Inches tall, 2.84 inches in diameter, and have an ID of 0.75 on one end. They also had the gasket for the bowl in the box with them. I bought three of them in December of 2009. Bubbagoat

  8. #8Austia0012015-03-23 23:13

    Is anyone still following this thread? I just bought a BD2F dozer and need a repair cd or manual for it.

  9. #9dmcb2015-03-24 06:30

    See post #4 I bought one from Jim. Doug

  10. #10Austia0012015-03-24 07:10

    I'm not sure how to send a private message. Jim could you message me please?

  11. #11dmcb2015-03-24 18:05

    To send a PM. In post 4 see his name JimInOz in the upper left corner. Click on it. A menu will drop down. Click on private message. Doug

  12. #12Austia0012015-03-24 18:08

    I think since I just joined the forum and I'm a "probationary member" it won't let me do it.

  13. #13dmcb2015-03-24 18:18

    Bummer. I'll send him a message. Doug

  14. #14Austia0012015-03-24 18:24

    Thank you

  15. #15dmcb2015-03-24 19:22

    Your welcome.

  16. #16bubbagoat2015-03-24 19:41

    Jim is a good guy. He helped me. Bubba

  17. #17JimInOz2015-12-31 19:05

    Mitsubishi BD2 BS3 I know It's an OLD thread. Haven't been here much in the past few years. I'll try to get in here more as it's a good site. I can help with F & G series CD manuals. Mitsubishi Crawlers were sold here in Australia up to the F series. Loaders often had 4in1 Bucket & Rippers added. Jim

  18. #18LARROB2016-11-07 16:46

    BD2F front roller I have a Mitsubishi BD2F and trying to find how to grease the front roller. I see what looks like a hole in the end of the right roller shaft but it is not the same on the left. Is this how to grease the roller bearings or does it require 90 weight oil as I've seen mentioned. If so where does it fill. The manuals do not show this.

  19. #19Tones2016-11-08 00:18

    10 grade transmission oil is the GO. If it's not holding oil then it's a fair bet the bushing or shaft are worn

  20. #20LARROB2016-11-08 12:45

    Bd2 Can't find a grease point for the bearings.

  21. #21LARROB2016-11-08 12:48

    Bd2f I have comments on using different oils but my problem is there are no obvious fitting or bolt to add oils.

  22. #22Tones2016-11-08 14:49

    Look for an Allen head bolt on the idler where it flairs out along the shaft, check both sides of each idler

  23. #23LARROB2016-11-08 16:41

    Thanks but only thing on the idler is a 12 mm bolt coming up from the bottom with a nut and lock washer on top. Nothing on the the idler wheel hub. 4 bolts on the outside holding the cap and spacer shims in place

  24. #24LARROB2016-11-08 16:43

    I have two parts manuals and looked up more online. None of the schematics show anything other than what I mentioned.