I am looking at buying an old Bucyrus Erie that I found laying in the weeds, I believe it is a 30H model. Curious to see if any of you know what this old girl might weigh? Anyone know where I might be able to find a manual or any information about this relic anywhere online? I know, I know, this thing precedes the internet by about 40 years...
I'm having a tough time reading this, but it looks to me to be 50-60 k lbs, http://cgi.ebay.com/Bucyrus-Erie-1978-30H-Series-2-Excavator-Specs-Brochure-/380262712920 Hope that helps somewhat... The place I've found best for manuals for this REALLY random stuff that no one seems to have is Ebay. It's a bit of a crapshoot, but is about the best I've found... http://cgi.ebay.com/Bucyrus-Erie-30H-Crane-Parts-Catalog-Manual-/360370269095 Hope that helps some, and best of luck looking at the possible new toy! Excavators are entirely too much fun and too useful, would love to have one someday...
once you get done screwing around with the compressor, air lines, air controls...you'd have wished you'd left it in the weeds
The miles of air line do look like they might be a pain to deal with...im sure none of it leaks.... if it becomes too much of a headache, it can always be cut up and junked.... but im still holding out for getting it semi operational and having some fun with it. ive wanted to run one since i was a kid and this is about as entry level and you can get with an excavator.