Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Questions….questions….then ideas….what happened?

Davvinciman ยท 2011-12-24 19:03

Just had to throw this one in there. I see some interesting questions and even more interesting answers or suggestions but I rarely see the follow up on what happened or what was resolved or what went wrong. Shouldn't there be some kind of penalty for not following up with the solution, whether they found it here or not, as to what happened later. "Yah, I got this great idea then I never went back to thank them". Very few of the guys (or gals) tell later what worked in the end. I notice everyone seems to enjoy pics, too. Maybe the penalty could be to spam the offender till he posts the final outcome. I've seen some really good posts. They deserve some closure. Just a thought. That's light bulb, isn't it?

Replies13
  1. #1halfshack2011-12-26 01:39

    hard to say. most of us like myself,get busy . when that jobs done,on to the next. im new to the forum so? i find just the **** chat is,or should be in a differnt forum all together, we all hear have a comon ''thread'' so to speak. but yes ive drove an 8n tractor that was black and orange, and ran the best on the weekend.lol, i feel you have a very valid point tho.spams a bit of a bother..... but i have wondered about how some have resolved there probs, i will say,its been a help to me in a few shop projects, with out even asking a question, some times what worked in the end...never had one. had a few in the fence corner.

  2. #2da'yoop2011-12-26 22:56
  3. #3Reel hip2011-12-27 17:24

    Sometimes we get answers, sometimes the post goes on to the next page soon to be forgotten. No spam for my response please! haha

  4. #4Davvinciman2011-12-28 22:22

    I really hate spam. I really like answers. If this mini-rant gets a few more, purpose served. I know that no one wants to post if it didn't come out at all but I think that it one of the best parts of a forum. Knowing what DIDN'T work, too.

  5. #5zetorheaven2012-01-10 10:41

    I agree it would be nice to hear how some of these things ended

  6. #6AmericanLandMgt2012-01-10 14:05

    This thread has caused me to go back an update a few of my threads that I never ended up sharing what ended up happening. I had just forgotten about them and didn't think anybody really cared how things ended up. Instead of mass spamming maybe just send a message to the person that started the thread and ask them to share how everything turned out?

  7. #7Reel hip2012-01-10 21:32

    Thats a good answer, I don't think he was going to spam people though. He just wanted closure. Haha how many times have we heard that? !

  8. #8Davvinciman2012-01-11 01:11

    No canned spam Really didn't mean to make it sound like a threat. In fact, the word sort of brings back some memories from some comedy skit years ago that I can't recall. But I'm glad someone thought enough about some previous threads that you went back and finished the story. I don't think the age of the thread really makes a big difference. And some things have to be said more than once.

  9. #9Imdman00002012-01-13 12:38

    Cheers to everyone who is part of this forum, people who despite of their busy scheds, took the time and effort to share every piece of knowledge/idea they have to help members who are in need. Nevermind the spammers, at least they also have shared something. *****

  10. #10milling_drum2012-01-13 13:06

    Down in the asphalt mill threads theres 3 threads asking the same questions about specifically the same machines. Then theres 2 threads asking the same questions about winter maintenance... I'm as guilty as anyone else about not researching prior subject matter before starting a thread here and at other servers....usually the mods either merge the threads or leave it alone depending on the users take on it from what I've seen. But I will agree its frustrating and annoying not getting direct responses...while at the same time I get busy and can't pay attention and/or respond in some situations.

  11. #11petewary2012-01-23 19:28

    just a common courtesy I agree, just common courtesy to follow through

  12. #12wosama931b2012-01-23 20:10

    Yes we should try and give feed back, it like reaing a book and you never get to the end. One thing that i have found that if you read a lot of the form, you can find the answer or a lot of information to help you learn about your machine and others.

  13. #13Davvinciman2012-01-24 14:08

    I think that's why a lot of the older posts get dredged up (that is a job for operators, you know) and new questions asked on old posts. I saw one of the members apologizing after seeing how old the thread was but it related perfectly to problems today. Nothing wrong with re-hashing the old problems. Most of them are same as the new.