Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sandvik DR460 Single Pass Drill

maputowhite ยท 2011-12-25 00:26

Any users of these drill rigs on here? We have them & they are real dogs. Would be interested in knowing of any aftermarket mods available for the hydraulic system. Merry Christmas.

Replies4
  1. #1willie592011-12-25 01:18

    Well maputowhite, not more than a hand full of drillers on the site that I'm aware of, and my experience with drilling is not with blast hole drills, but I have to ask, just why is the Sandvik a dog? As compared to what, Ingersoll, Atlas Copco? Is not Sanvik realted to Driltech? I could be wrong, but doesn't Sandvik and Driltech make quality products, industry leading products? Don't know, just asking.

  2. #2maputowhite2011-12-25 02:08

    Yes correct Driltech but these things we have just dont run - hydraulic pumps every few thousand hrs. Mast chains & sprockets worn out in the same hrs - as I said just dogs. The ozzies I believe have quite a few running but with numerous aftermarket mods. That's why I was asking if anyone had any info. On the pumps - speeds, flows, case drain, additional accumalators etc. Thanks for your reply.

  3. #3rolatyor2013-01-24 07:39

    We got a DR460 here at Pascua-Lama, Chile, Southamerica, and the rig wasn't able to drill more than 5000 meters before it have a massive failure in its electric system, among other hydraulics and engine issues. Can't give you detailed information on what was it, all i can say, according to my experience, Atlas Copco rules in this industry.

  4. #4DDAcorey2016-05-04 22:42

    Hi maputowhite, Do you still need help with the DR460 ? Our company, has mods, info and parts for them. Single pass Dr460 machines are not too bad in some circumstances. The ones i have worked on have been modified. Change sprockets to bearing type, auto lube etc. Harder/special Lubricated chains. Hyd and electrical mods