I'm looking for a grapple rake for my skid steer, and Quick Attach makes one that appears to be what I'm looking for. Can anyone give a performance report on any of their products? Do they appear to be well built? Thanks!
I make a few grapple rakes every year when things are slow. I made one a few mnths ago to go on a big Bobcat 973 I think it was. Its handy raking up hedge rows then clamping them. I used to see alot of Quick tach items in the rental yards they say they hold up well.
I called Quick Attach last week and received it the other day. Their list of attachments are pretty impressive, and so are the prices! They also have a very attractive finance plan for those who are cash strapped. I also learned that Quick Attach shares the same facility as Erskine, the manufacturer of my blower. The same workers on the same lines build their attachments, just under a different name. In fact, Quick Attach offers the identical blower that I purchased, it is relabeled Erskine for distribution through skid steer dealerships. Quick Attach was under contract to Bobcat to build a number of their attachments, but is now selling them independently. I'm going to give their grapple rake a try, it sounds like the quality is sure to be built in.
Steve thanks for the heads up. I will have to look into them when it's time to make some purchases.
Steve do you have their website?
Well, it's arrived! River Hill, they don't have a website, but here's their phone number:wink2
The thing seems to be well built. The forks are 3/8" plate and braced well.
Something that surprised me, the hydraulic cylinders are not chromed. I'm not sure how this will effect longevity. I plan to store the grapple with the cylinders collapsed for safe measure.
I have to get some adapters for my couplers before I can hook it up, that will be tomorrow if the snow holds off.
Steve looks like a nice brush graple.have you or anyone else buy from them before? What other stuff do they carry? Here is one from attachements express http://www.attachmentsexpress.com/AE2/UI/Product.aspx?Machine=Cat 226&ProductId=166 Is that what you paid for that one you just got?
Hey Steve, how'd it work out for you? Is the quality there like you thought?
Sorry I haven't updated this thread! :beatsme I'm very pleased with my purchase! The rake is well built and heavy enough to stand up to my needs. I used it on a job where there was a 175' hedgerow of multi floral rose bushes, 6 to 8' high and 6' deep. I used the rake to rip out these bushes and then compacted them enough to make one 6 yard load on my 550. I've used it in the woods cleaning a bit, if you back drag with it it will gather loose brush into a pile you can clamp and haul away. I've been using it to clear the area for my barn too, it's working out well. I never remember to take my camera on jobs so I don't have any work shots.
Steve, you may not have a problem with the cylinder rods not being chromed. They look like the cylinder rods I had on a John Deere tractor. They had a gray color to them and were treated with some kind of impregnated graphite material if I remember right. I had over 4,000 hours on that tractor before I sold it and the cylinder rods always looked like new.
The hoist cylinder on my 550 has the same treatment. I don't know what it is, but it seems to be becoming more common. Doesn't matter to me as long as it works!
I to have seen those. It like an anodized finish. I think it is supposed to prevent the rusting that occurs with nicks in the chrome. It may be better for seals as well.
Hello Steve, Any chance of another update. The grapples you have are the type I'm currently getting built except that mine is more of a multi-purpose trash/rock bucket with grapples. I have looked at heaps of what is on the market but none in the arrangement I want, so I'm getting one custom built. Many that I see (the grapples part) have the rams top mounted but I prefer the rear mount just like you have or on a 4 in 1 bucket. Hope its still working well for you.
Steve I'm wondering the above issue as well. Do ya think the attachment would pick up heavy trash, logs, steel, old applainces etc? bob
Sqizzy, sorry I missed your post! This attachment has really earned it's keep! Next to the 4 way bucket, I think it is my most used attachment. I reclaimed a brushy lot as lawn with it, what a great help it was. First I pulled the brush up with it and compressed it, then stacked it for later removal. After making a deep pass with my Harley rake, I then back dragged with the grapple rake and gathered up the tall "Timothy" grass. This area served as the dumping grounds for large rocks that resulting from the house construction and I was able to move them much easier than with the 4 way bucket. A couple more passes with the Harley rake and I was ready to seed. Here at the house, I keep a steel pile out in the woods, where I toss all my scrap steel such as banding, auto perts, anything that comes along in the course of working. When I get a load, I haul it to the scrap yard. The grapple rake excels at loading the scrap steel, it's much more effective than the 4 way bucket was. As I load, the rake also compresses the banding making for a tighter load. I cleared an area where I want to build a barn, first ripping up the trees with the hoe, but then I moved them to the burn area with the grapple rake. Again, it worked very well for this application. I've also stacked bulk firewood with it. Glasshousebltr, I think it would work great for the tasks you list. It works better at picking irregularly shaped objects much better than the 4 way bucket does. I'm also surprised at how tough the tines are. I expected them to get all bent up with use, but thus far I've only got one tine that has a slight bend to it. A couple wacks with a sledge hammer I'm sure would put it where it belongs. Again, I have no regrets over this purchase, it has exceeded my expectations! On a side note, Quick Attach is affiliated with Erskine attachments, the same company that made my snowblower and the quality built in to their products is top shelf.
Thanks Steve, can you mail one over?:wink2
We ordered a 72" grapple from Quick Attach this spring and used it to clear some lots. It has paid for itself easily this last season, even used it to pick boulders out of farmers fields. We showed up to clear a lot with our 440 Case and grapple and the builder laughed at us, he came back four hours later and everything was pilled, he was shocked. You can also rake with it so the grubbings can be removed. I wish we would have bought it years ago.
I have purchased this attachment http://www.quick-attach.com/products/saber_tine.cfm and this http://www.quick-attach.com/products/clean_sweep.cfm and I am getting this one coming http://www.quick-attach.com/products/quick_scrape_n_grab.cfm The Saber Tine bucket has been in Big Sky, Mt. with my 440 clearing lots. Very strong bucket. I really like their products. I have been dealing with the sales guy named Brad. Easy to work with, knowledgeable, and he works with me. I have nothing but good things to say about Quick Attach.
The cylinder rods are nitrided. Far superior to chrome
I have been a dealer for the Erskine line for 4 years now. In my biased opinion all very solid attach ments. I have the grapple above, a stump grinder, snow blade and pallet forks of theirs and had zero trouble with it. I have warrantied one snowblower wire harness to date for a crimp that pulled apart. Thats it. Ken
Just ordered the 4 foot broom for my ASV RC30 hopfully it will arrive in the next week or two
My Quick Attach Eagle Talon is the best piece of gear I have ever bought . Slashing Fire trails is always full of little surprises . These two huge trees had fallen and blocked the trail . 1 hour later I had it cleared , it is unbeatable for clearing brush . Push them over , pick them up at 90 degrees and pile them up . I then just give the area a mow with the flail mower and it's instant park land . It has 3/4" T1 tynes and replaceable teeth and has a full length top clamp . When I bought it 3 years ago off Lane at QA , it was the only one in Orstraya and probably still is .
Well my broom arrived yesterday(from CE Attachments) and had it picked up today. When i got it home changed out the couplers to fit my machine and got it on. Brushed off the area where the front end loader puts all the winter snow and gravel. Well i tell you i wasn't expecting how far it through the gravel with the throttle full on . I would say it was probably 30 feet, might be pushing it but it blew off like a hurricane. Before i use it for business i will definitely have to get use to it.
CORRECTION the broom was from QUICK ATTACH. Getting late, fingers are faster than the brain.
Buying a QA Grapple "Down Under" I'm thinking about obtaining one of the QA 72" Eagle Talon Grapples, trouble is I'm in Adelaide South Australia, anybody got ideas on what the best way to arrange supply of this little ~ 1,000Lb item? Orstraya is a rather long way from the USA & the logistics required to organize getting hold of it are out of my comfort zone and if one is not careful it could get awfully expensive.
http://marketing.quickattach.com/ac...ct-02bb/showPreparedMessage?sid=TV2:IdV6Bisis Recieved this today.
Where's "Iron Horse" ? Anyone got an idea how to contact "Iron Horse" ? I'm a fellow Aussie and it would be good to find out a bit more about the QA grapple he's got.
How is your broom? I was going to buy an 84 inch for Jcb 260, but I was not sure what the poly wafers and steel wafers meant, the quote did not differentiate.
The wafers are the actual broom bristles.
Female new to skid loader attachments. I have been pleased with my snow blade and dump box from Quick Attachments. They had a cyber sale and I ordered an angled broom Monday. It should arrive in 1.5 weeks. We had communication problems, I had asked if I had till midnight and he did not answer This was around suppertime. I was talking to him while out of town and did not get home for awhile..I hated to call him at 1030 because he said it would come to his cell phone and I knew he had a huge sales day. I emailed him I wanted the product and the next day it bounced back, I voice mailed also early the Tuesday morning... (and at one point in his email, he had a typo in the number and I got a Caribbean cruise survey 8225 vs 8224) however so the next day he said he had to charge me $180 more than the great cyber quote for shipping . I was disappointed, but so far I'm happy with their service and products. They did get me another manual for my snow blade, but they are not able to create a video to show or a manual that really shows how to adjust the steel things for my snow blade (and I'm clueless). I have asked on youtube and someone answered "read the manual." (That doesn't work for me!) Chemo brained, first tractor on the farmette at 50 plus....etc etc...wanna be farm girl. I am using a skid loader JCB 260 with these attachments. There are few BBB comments so if you like them or so forth, please post comments there to help others like me. I also wonder about buying on Ebay, I am not sure you'd get the proper fittings if ordering on ebay? Now they do have a website: http://www.quickattach.com Here is the better business bureau for the Chicago area.... http://www.bbb.org/chicago so I imagine the regular one would be http://www.bbb.org And thanks to Stumpy Wally for helping me so much finding great companies and products via this forum.