I guess you could say I'm somewhat spoiled with the skidloaders, I do like my 953, but could really use a quick attach system for the Cat as well! I was wondering if there was anyone out there with some pics of a setup like this even if it was just to hook under the bucket edge and then manually lock the bucket in place? I'm thinking maybe an upgrade either through a purchase or building one in my welding shop. any help would be appreciated :usa
Balderson makes/made one, I think Cat bought them years ago?:beatsme Here is a picture of a hydraulic one for a 963. I would love to have one for my 953 as well for a staking/root rake.
There is a company in Reading Schlouch Inc. they have those style couplers on their 953C's. They have forks, I believe they use them on their Pipe Crews.
That would be nice to have a quicktach for a loader on a pipe crew. When I was in Oh all we had were track loaders for pipe crews. Unfortunately we would not be able to efficiently as we had 4 in 1 buckets on all the machines. So we had drape over forks. Its certainly nice to have carriage forks, but its just as nice to have that 4 in 1 bucket.
That's what I run on my 953C. They were $1800 a few years ago, a little time welding the ears on and you have a forklift. A QC would be nice though.
Cat now uses the I-T coupler (intergrated toolcarrier), you can see it at their website. I don't know what the setup cost, but if you need to switch to different attachments quite ofter, seems like it would be worth the cost. There's a lot of attachments out there for the I-T coupler.
I'm assuming that the hydraulics on this quick attach system utilize a tapered pin of some sort running into the frame on the pack of the bucket???? Could this also be built with a lever action? My mind is just buzzzing with possibilities now!!!!!! Sort of thinking a top hook like what is shown, but intead of hydraulics to release,maybe a lever? I know this is not as handy of an Idea, but it would be an even lower cost alternative ?
The it coupler cat has is a copy of Volvo's coupler that been around since the early 80's. Can be made with a manual lever without problems, that's how volvo did it in the beginning.
We have hydraulic quik attaches on all our pipe crew 953"s. You can get them directly from cat. it is the same as on the cat rubber tire loaders. You do lose some power when using the quick attach as opposed to a direct connect
Hey guys - I actually work for the company mentioned above, Schlouch. We do use the quick couplers on the 953's, and they are wonderful. The forks are great, they can save you and your labores alot of work if you know how to use them. Alot better than hang forks! Some pics -
Here's a Balderson hyd quick hitch for a 953C complete with g.p. bucket...and it's for sale... only problem is it's about 10,000 miles away.
Volvo - in the early eighties??? Now I can give some respect to Volvo for buying Akerman, but to say that Cat copied VOLVO'S early 80 design??? - you are going to have to back that one up, PER. Weren't they still making safe box-cars in the early eighties for my grandmother? Basically you are saying that Volvo was leading edge construction machine technology in the early 80's - is that your position? -Lutjens
Balderson is still around i think, or atleast Dymax is. Dymax and Balderson are connected to some degree or another. You'd think them being a semi-local company i'd know. All i know is i love my dymax shear.
Is that bucket for sale in the US? price? location? Thanks
I'm here I'm here...lol I don't like dragging up old threads from the dead but I have some pics of a Cat/WBM Made coupler on a Cat 963C. Pics are located in my thread over in Showtime entitled "I suck at taking pictures". I think my thoughts are well known on why I don't like Q/A's on track loaders. I will admit though I did play around with the coupler that was on the 63C I ran for a couple hours. I found out that the buckets for a 966C and F will fit the 63C. I also found out that the bucket from a Komatsu WA480 works real good for smoothing out topsoil even though its a bit wide, heavy and the ears are welded on at a weird angle. Sadly..... the forks for a John Deere 710C do not fit the 963C...lol Next up Volvo 220F Wheel Loader....10yd bucket here I come.
Burnout why don't you like Q/A's on track loaders? We don't have many track loaders around here. I have run a 953B for a few hours before and thought it was a neat machine.
For us track loaders run the backfill side of the jobsite. We are also very crabby people around site. Wehave enough to do without having to worry about unloading trucks, bringing pipe and crap like that. Also the slop you get in quick attaches sucks the big one. I am happy only having a bucket. No one asks you to bring them anything. I will bring sand or stone every once in awhile but its pretty rare.