I would like to utilize different attachments for the front of my Deere 710D backhoe loader. Could I fabricate a SSQA front out of heavier than normal metal and expect skid steer attachments to hold up? The machine is considerably heavier than any skid steer. I would like to have the following attachments: Pallet forks Rock/ root grapple bucket Roto tiller/ rock picker
Nope. I would look at the CAT IT attachments maybe see if that line would work in terms of dimensions.
I believe you would be better of building a JRB style coupler. They do make a manual version of it that I've seen on 410 and 580 size hoes. That 710 loader is closer to a small wheel loader in capacity if I'm not mistaken and would tear up a SSL quick tach in no time....
I think it's worth doing. For the easy availability of skid steer attachments vs more appropriately sized attachments it's worth the gamble. If you don't know what you're doing, or you do know what you're doing and you push it, then you'll rip your attachments apart. There's no reason you can't use a pallet fork to it's rated capacity and not break it, right? The machine is heavier, but also faster than a skid steer. The bigger difference is the "drawbar HP" as they used to call it, a skid steer is not the most efficient transmission system, you get that 710 in 3rd and use the diff lock on solid clay and you can tear a light bucket apart without even ramming. You take your chances.
I think I will take a chance. I am having a hard time finding information on the JRB coupler or even finding attachments for it. Does anyone have a link to a jrb coupler in open source format?
I have a JRB front coupler on my 710D, and wouldn't be without it. The 710 is a beast of a backhoe, and will promptly destroy any skid steer attachment. If I remember correctly, JRB is a Palladin brand, and should be available through palladin dealers. This coupler is the same as a Deere 344, I believe, so you might try that avenue. All this said, you will most likely be disappointed trying to use pallet forks, as the hood is large, and very difficult to see over or around
At the mill, those gorillas could break cannon balls. The Cat IT equipment breaks like a toothpick bridge. A 710D is a big machine, but not compared to those articulated loaders. I believe they would be a match in strength. Perhaps Deere has something more compatible with a Deere TLB. Willie
Good point about pallet forks. I just wanted them for a skid steer when I buy them in the future. I took a good look at the bucket yesterday. The front already has a quick coupler. The only markings I can find on it is: CKC. Searching the web for 'ckc couple' or anything similar has came up with no useful results.
If you can post up a picture of the back of the bucket, and/or the coupler, we can most likely identify it I also have a Kubota SVL90 CTL, and would not consider attempting to use any of it's attachments on the 710; they simply aren't built for it